Saturday, June 17, 2006

That's Ooty



Ooty was our destination the last weekend. It is an overnight drive from Bangalore. We started at 11:30 at night, and reached there at about 9 next morning. I slept for hardly 40-50 minutes in the whole journey, rest was all fun filled singing with other nocturnals. The journey was great.


We stayed at Hotel Maruthi. Apparently the Tamilians dont have 't' in their dictionary(the hindi 't'). I wonder if they speak Tamil or THamil.

Ooty is a very dirty place. Atleast I found it so. Even though main Ooty is a flat place, there is no traffic management, no footpaths to walk on etc. The restaurants are equally pathetic. We somehow managed brunch and left for Ooty Lake. The lake is beautiful, and ideal for boating.



Now we wanted some daring stuff. I never imagined I would ever visit the highest point in Tamil Nadu. It was all ad-hoc planning. We heard of the "suicide-point" and headed for there. The bus was giving troubles on the steep slopes, and somehow managed to climbed to the top. And Ah! What scenic beauty!!! I cant remember if I had seen a more beautiful site before. An aeroplane flies a bit too high, so this cant even be enjoyed from inside an airplane. So this was really special.


All in all a fun-filled trip!

No comments: